Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Seraphim conception...or inception?

     As promised, I am going to write a backtrack of how Seraphim came into existence.  You see, as they said, nothing happened by accident.  So just like any other woman, I prayed to be blessed with a child.  I was one of the "not-so-easy" to conceive thou.  Fact is to bear a child was, in a way, one of the greatest divine interventions in my life.

     I got married in Civil Rites in 2006. Independent as we are, my husband and I agreed to enjoy each other’s company first, save for the future then work on having a baby.  We tried to have our own formula on having a family. Since we got married at a very ripe age, we make efforts to plan everything before we dive into anything. Let's admit it, having a baby is the greatest responsibility given to a couple. We'd love to have one but at that time we're not ready yet. We've seen enough irresponsible parents in our lifetime and we try our best not to be like them.  Also, I had a pact with God that I'd like to have a child after I got married in Church. 

Photo owned by superstock.com


     In 2008, we finally saved up for our Church Wedding, paid our house debts, loans, etc.  We had our house blessing a little more than a month after our Church Wedding.  Following our life plan, we even resigned months before our Church Wedding (a story needed to be told another day).


Photo owned by 123rf.com 

     However, as much as we wanted everything to work accordingly, things don't always go as planned.  This is real life. There were detours, reroutes and even dead-ends. After 2 years of being married in Church and 4 years in Civil, we weren't given a baby yet. That was the time that we were a little alarmed already.



Photo owned by newwaychurch.net



We already dropped all methods avoiding pregnancy.  (We've been controlling for  years since we lived together) We had frequent out-of-town vacations. More quality time. But to no avail.  Reason being, I found out that I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome) in both ovaries already. My myoma became four (4) from the usual three (3) for a couple of years, giving me a slimmer chance of conceiving. Still faithful and hopeful, I believe in my heart that I am to become a mother.




During those trying moments, I almost gave up several times but my soul does not want to stop believing. For the ultimatum, my husband and I had a month long vacation in February 2010, which made us lose a huge amount of money.  It was our “make or break” leap of faith. We hibernated, counted menstrual cycles, made “acrobatic” efforts and waited. We even went to Padre Pio, now St.Pio of Pietrelcina in Libis, Quezon City, Philippines.  Maybe a goad or a guide, my mom’s youngest sister mentioned the chapel out of nowhere.  We did the best way we could to show God how sincere we were when we prayed for an “angel”.  The voice inside me would always say, "just believe and have faith".

Photo owned by ManilaReviews.com
           A month after we “totally” dropped everything (February 2010) and two weeks after we have heard The Mass at St. Pio’s Church, I was “positive” and on the way J


Divine Intervention is how we call it, that’s the coming of Seraphim into our lives.


         There will be a few more backtracks before we get down to the real reason why this blog is up and about. Till next! J

4 comments:

  1. I had PCOS too- but I conceived with my first baby on my honeymoon--then afterwards, we kept on trying for another baby-I ballooned into a size 14, I looked pregnant, my tummy is big- I was imagining I was pregnant,so they did a test to find out,I had PCOS. I was just thankful that I already have one, so I thought I'll stop thinking of having another one. but 4 yrs after, my second one was born, and wallah!! I have one of each. am so super happy, btw. Seraphim is a wee cutee and it's a nice name...very unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to be a mom...that's what you are...or should I say we are? :)
      Thank you. I guess he chose his name before he was born. (Crystal Child)Just popped out of nowhere before he came on board. Truly an angel...and the highest indeed, as Wiki would say.LOL!

      Delete
  2. He's too cute! This blog is nice to show on his wedding day. I hope this cute baby will grow into a fine young man someday..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too littleyana. That goes to your children as well. Am looking forward to his 21st birthday first. Haha!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts...