Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Lowdown on Seraphim

Ready to Roam
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands - CLAPCLAPCLAP! Oh, it's been a while... I've been so caught up with a lot of things that even if I wanted to update my page I couldn't. It seemed like everything happens in a "fast-forward" mode that I barely noticed my last post. But here it is...Al dente!

What's up on Seraphim? (By the way, his nickname is Jephi).  My adorable toddler is getting more energetic and bubbly by the day.  Imagine all those worries 3 months ago when all I do is gather information on ASD, Primary Stereotypies and all things related to them. Truly, it was emotionally and physically draining. Days were longer and nights seemed endless.

Dad with a golden heart

Seraphim's favorite playmate
I've said it before, I'll say it again, "I am not religious but I am very spiritual".  In this sense, I dropped everything and let Jephi grow to be a beautiful toddler that he is right now.  I am just so blessed with a partner whose heart is made of gold, Joseph. He said: "All we have to do is to help Jephi and provide him with necessary "tools".  We're still so blessed to be given an angel."   And I heed. Sometimes, there are things that shouldn't be questioned.  There are unexplainable eventualities in life that are bound to happen whether we like it or we don't.  The past 3 months have been a test of faith but it was never a question of such.

So without expectations, we let Seraphim be... day by day he blossomed.  Maybe some traits were not of those written in the books.  But definitely, he's MORE THAN what's expected of him. He's more affectionate, happy and a very responsive little person in the house.  He could easily sense when his infectious laughter is needed by anyone in the household.

He's getting bigger by the day
Seraphim would start his day with a smile and ends it with laughter before he retires for bed. The doctor is right. That visit was a "wake up call". A reminder that being given "an angel" is not a no-brainier task.  We should always be on our toes for his divine needs like quality time, loving presence and endless affection.    

He loves to stare at the camera :)
For a child as gifted as Jephi, God expects more from us.  To date, Seraphim plays the keyboard while humming and mimics us when we talk to him.  He loves to plant us wet kisses with smiles that reach his eyes and a hug that feels like he will never let us go.  He claps his hands and dances to entertain us.  He waits for us to cheer him on when he's ready to shoot the ball. Adorable is the word that will always best describe my Seraphim.

How sweet it is to be loved by you?

4 comments:

  1. awww im so happy to read this post about Jephi!! :) seems like day by day you as a family are slowly beginning to unfold an extraordinary adventure together. its amazing how Jephi can sense whether the household needs laughter! :)

    hoping to read more posts about Jephi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis! Great to see you here. Yeah, my angel is truly amazing. Sometimes I just watch in awe. Most of the time I'm overwhelmed by his always moving presence. We're so blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Jephi grown so big and his peek-a-book pic look so cute. That's what children does. They make home bright and sunny. Except for a few fights and shouting and pulling hair, yes my children do that. Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi littleyana! It's so nice of you to take time to browsed thru. We do have a few "fights" already especially during bed time. haha! Challenging toddler years :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts...